JB’s staff force includes multiple ASA level 2 swimming teachers. This allows us to provide school swimming lessons to the same standard as the rest of our PE curriculum delivery. This can include pupil assessments or staff CPD.
- Improve pupils’ fitness by keeping them physically active, engaging them in regular, high intensity vigorous activity for sustained periods of time – Ofsted recommendations
- Supports schools to provide weekly opportunities to participate and compete in school sport and enable the most able to attain high standards of performance – Ofsted recommendation
- To raise their (pupil) expectations of what more able pupils are capable of achieving and provide them with
- challenging, competitive activities that lead to high standards of performance – Ofsted recommendation
- Increase in participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics – Ofsted evaluation criteria
- How much more inclusive the physical education curriculum has become – Ofsted evaluation criteria
- The greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health – Ofsted evaluation Criteria
"Last year JBs took over our swimming provision, we have extended the length of times pupil swim and introduced swimming in Key Stage 1. The quality of the coaching has been amazing and many of our parents have commented on the difference this has made to their children."
Mrs Liley Headteacher Holy Trinity Primary School